What Is Chiropractic Care?
When you visit a chiropractor, their primary goal is to reduce your pain or discomfort as well as educate you. This can include in-session treatment, lifestyle changes as well as exercise or rehabilitation techniques you can do to prevent the pain from recurring. This is something extremely beneficial for athletes. Chiropractors can help athletes become more aware of the way they use their bodies. Fortunately for athletes on Long Island, there is a chiropractor in Suffolk County equipped to get you back on the field as soon as possible. At Prescription Chiropractic, our providers offer services like spinal manipulation, adjunctive therapy, and exercise rehabilitation, and nutritional, posture, or exercise counseling. No matter your reason for needing to schedule an appointment, our chiropractor’s extensive training and experience can treat a wide variety of injuries and conditions.
Sports injuries can derail your athletic career. Luckily, there is a chiropractor in Suffolk County that can speed up your recovery time. There are a few reasons athletes might seek the help of a chiropractor during the fall sports season. These injuries include:
- Pulled Muscles
- High-impact sports or heavy lifting usually are the leading causes a pulled muscles.
- Pinched Nerve
- This disease can happen simply from overuse or even moving slightly in the wrong direction.
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- This injury can be caused by heavy lifting or repetitive motions.
- Runners Knee
- Inflammation of the knee can occur over time leading to conditions like runner’s knee.
- Plantar Fasciitis
- This injury occurs when the tissue on the bottom of your foot becomes inflamed.
Benefits For Athletes:
Chiropractic care can benefit athletes in a variety of different ways. While many chiropractors aim to increase your functionality and improve your range of motion when it comes to athletes the education part is just as critical in the long-term. As an athlete, there are countless benefits from incorporating chiropractic care into your busy lifestyle. Here are some reasons you may want to consider visiting a chiropractor in Suffolk County:
- It can relieve pain caused by repetitive strenuous activity.
- May prevent the need for surgery.
- Provides a holistic approach to pain management preventing a potential addiction to pain medication.
- Teaches you how to prevent future injury.
- Enhances your performance on the field.
- Helps build strength.
It’s clear as an athlete your main goal would be to avoid surgery, if possible. It’s important to take the right steps towards a healthy lifestyle sooner rather than later. Make an appointment with a chiropractor in Suffolk County, like one of ours at Prescription Chiropractic to help reduce your pain and learn the right way to play.