Lower back pain is one of the most common conditions affecting the spine. The pain can vary from dull to sharp, and in some cases even leave you calling out of work or regular activities. Back pain becomes chronic when it lasts for at least three months. While at times, lower back pain can subside on its own, it’s important to see a Long Island chiropractor to get the help you need so that the pain does not return. At Prescription Chiropractic, our team of doctors treats conditions like lower back pain, neck pain, and headaches regularly.
The symptoms of chronic lower back pain vary depending on the severity of your pain. If you’re regularly experiencing any of the following symptoms, it may be time to seek the help of a Long Island chiropractor. Some of the most common symptoms people experience include:
- An achy or dull pain in the lower back
- A stinging or burning sensation that travels from the lower back to your legs
- Muscle spasms
- Tightness in your lower back, hips, or pelvis
- Worsening pain when you sit and/or stand for a long period of time
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty standing up straight
What causes lower back pain:
There are a few ways you can end up with chronic lower back pain. Most times it could be due to a prior condition that hasn’t healed properly. These conditions include, but aren’t limited to:
- Lumbar herniated disc: Nerve roots are irritated when the center of the lumbar disc is broken.
- Degenerative disc disease: Your discs are losing hydration, causing it to weaken or tear.
- Trauma: Caused by fractures or dislocation.
- Osteoarthritis: Inflammation or instability of the disc and facet joints.
- Muscle strain: The muscle is stretched too far, which leads to it tearing.
- Ligament Sprain: Overstretching and tearing that has a direct effect on the ligament.
Drawing medical attention to any of these conditions can help with proper healing techniques, and get you on track to living a pain-free life.
Benefits of a Long Island Chiropractor:
When you visit a chiropractor, the treatment is meant to restore full functionality, relieve your pain, and prevent the injury from recurring. When it comes to chronic lower back pain, these goals are can be accomplished through spinal manipulation. This involves a number of adjustments being made manually, or with the assistance of an instrument to certain joints. This technique is used by most chiropractors due to the fact that it’s safe and effective.
Rather than dealing with the pain, make an appointment with Prescription Chiropractic. With offices throughout Suffolk County, our collaboration of chiropractors are available to treat you. Contact us today to find a Long Island chiropractor near you!